Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi to Darth Vader, before the two engage in lightsaber combat
Lightsaber combat occurred when two or more opponents using lightsabers engaged in a lightsaber duel. Such opponents were often, though not always, Sith and Jedi. Though lightsaber combat decided the results of some important conflicts throughout the galaxy, often when two Force-sensitive opponents were nearly evenly matched, they had to resort to other means to settle the conflict, such as drawing on other Force powers.
The Jedi Order generally eschewed war, preferring to solve problems through peaceful negotiations whenever possible. Upon the advent of the Clone Wars, however, pushed by the militant stance of Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine (secretly the Sith Lord Darth Sidious manipulating matters for his own ends), "aggressive negotiations" through lightsaber combat became commonplace.
Skilled duelists in lightsaber combat fighting on the side of the Jedi and the Galactic Republic included Agen Kolar, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ahsoka Tano, Shaak Ti, Saesee Tiin, Quinlan Vos, Luminara Unduli, Mace Windu and Yoda. Those fighting against the Jedi, either for their own reasons or in support of the Sith and/or the Confederacy of Independent Systems included General Grievous, Darth Maul, Savage Opress, Darth Sidious, Dooku, and Asajj Ventress. Still others fought at one point for the Jedi, but later fell to the dark side of the Force. These included Pong Krell, Barriss Offee and Anakin Skywalker, who became the feared Sith Lord Darth Vader.
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- (Set: 75093 Death Star Final Duel)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Monster"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cloak of Darkness"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Wrong Jedi"