- "You came through surgery, though they said it was a near thing. But they had to remove your liver. It was damaged beyond repair."
- ―Nash Windrider informs Ree of her loss
The liver was an organ found in the anatomy of the human species which took months or years to regrow if lost. Its functions were incredibly delicate, making it one of the only parts of the human body that could not be easily replaced with cybernetics. The liver of Imperial Captain Ciena Ree had to be removed after receiving heavy damage in a TIE fighter crash during the Battle of Endor. While waiting for her liver to regrow, Ree was placed on life support and received intensive bacta therapy. Members of the Yarkora species had three livers in order to cope with the amount of foodstuff they ate to fill their two stomachs.
- Lost Stars (First appearance)
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization (Mentioned only)