Loatha Sommover was a brown-skinned alien who was spent time in the city of Canto Bight on the planet Cantonica in the year 34 ABY. Sommover wore a neural wave relaxer helmet, a black coat and a ring that was both a comlink and a piece of decorative jewelery. The alien had a large slug-like body with four pairs of two-toed legs and one larger pair of three-fingered arms further up its body below a head with a mouth, nose and two eyes.
Behind the scenesEdit
Loatha Sommover first appeared in the film Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, which was released on December 15, 2017. The character was not named in the film, but received identification in Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary, a reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film. During production of The Last Jedi, concept art of Sommover titled "King 12" was produced by creature concept designer and senior sculptor Ivan Manzella.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Loatha Sommover)
- The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY. As Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi carries on immediately from the events of The Force Awakens, it can be assumed to take place in the same year.
- ↑ The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi