The Lone Scout-A was a scout vessel which used technology similar to the TIE Series starships, especially the TIE/sr starfighter. Produced by Republic Sienar Systems, it was later manufactured by Sienar Fleet Systems and its civilian subsidiary Sienar Ships. The Lone Scout-A served as an exploration vessel for the Galactic Empire and the New Republic, as well as civilian scouts.
A civilian variant of the TIE/sr starfighter, the Scout-A was designed to be operated by a crew of one, but could carry three passengers, and carried enough consumables for a full year of operation. It had space to carry 150 metric tons of cargo in its 60 cubic meter hold. It was equipped with a Class 3 hyperdrive (with a Class 15 backup hyperdrive), shields and a single laser cannon for defense, a high-quality[source?] sensor array with a lower sensitivity than the military TIE/sr.
It was one of the first ships to use the revolutionary Twin Ion Engine design, with a cockpit and sublight engines strongly foreshadowing later Sienar craft.[source?] Many of the basic technologies used were identical to those used in the TIE starfighter line. However, its large passenger and cargo compartment made it much larger than those later starfighter designs, stretching it out to a length of 24 meters. Also unlike those craft, the Lone Scout-A was made available to, and widely used by, the civilian market.
A variant, the Lone Scout A-2, or LSA-2, was used by the Imperial Navy,[source?] the Imperial Scout Corps, and later the New Republic Scout Service. It had an improved deep scan sensor array and a more capable backup hyperdrive (Class 12, instead of the Lone Scout-A's Class 15 backup drive), at the cost of 25 tons and 10 cubic meters of cargo space.
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen
- Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Ultimate Adversaries
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- The Unknown Regions
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 3.18 3.19 3.20 3.21 3.22 3.23 Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2