- "We conquered whole star systems. We had an empire. When cities heard our armies were coming, populations fled before a shot was fired. Now we cling to a pathetic sector of dirtball planets, we scramble for the crumbs that the cowardly aruetiise throw when they want us to fight for them, and they use us as a breeding stock for their clone armies. The aruetiise will always treat us like an animal species to be used for their convenience until we stand up for ourselves again."
- ―Lorka Gedyc
Lorka Gedyc was a Mandalorian warrior of Clan Gedyc, and a member of the radical Mandalorian splinter group known as the Death Watch. By the year 19 BBY, Gedyc had become the leader of the Death Watch. Gedyc thought highly of the Mandalorians of ages past, who had conquered star systems and forged an empire that spanned across vast swathes of the galaxy. The state of the greatly diminished Mandalore sector following the defeat of Mandalore the Ultimate was abhorrent to Gedyc, who considered Mandalorian holdings in the era to be little more than an assortment of "dirtball" worlds, and felt that the Mandalorians' penchant for mercenary and bounty hunting work was tantamount to scrambling for crumbs.
Following the rise of the Galactic Empire, Gedyc saw an opportunity to restore the glory the Death Watch leader believed the Mandalorians had lost. Gedyc allied Death Watch with the Empire, and the Death Watch soldiers Dred Priest and Isabet Reau assisted the Imperials in establishing their garrison on the Mandalorian homeworld of Mandalore, just outside the planetary capital city of Keldabe, in the failed adventure park known as the "City of Bone." Priest thought highly of Gedyc and the Death Watch leader's plans, and like Gedyc, saw the Empire as an opportunity to re-establish the Mandalorians' former power.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Imperial Commando: 501st (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Imperial Commando: 501st
- ↑ The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Imperial Commando: 501st
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless"
- ↑ Darth Maul—Death Sentence 1
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided