- "Most of Lothal is just seemingly endless grasslands. The most excitement you'll find in these parts is a Loth-cat chasing down a Loth-rat for a quick snack."
- ―Ezra Bridger
Loth-cats were members of the tooka family and native to Lothal, often found in the grassy plains of the Outer Rim planet. They were small, temperamental creatures, and while at times friendly, were still able hunters with sharp teeth and claws. They feasted on Loth-rats.
A Loth-cat was once surprised by a drink carton falling on its head, seemingly from nowhere. In truth, the carton had fallen from the rebel ship Ghost, flying high above the grasslands.
On another occasion, Kanan Jarrus attempted to teach his Padawan learner, Ezra Bridger, to feel the living Force through connection with a Loth-cat. Ezra failed the exercise, however, due to his distraction and irritation at the fact that it was Empire Day, and his own fifteenth birthday. The Loth-cat attacked him.
Some time later, while scouting out an Imperial Communications Tower, Ezra demonstrated mastery of the same trick in causing a Loth-cat to attack an Imperial probe droid as a distraction, allowing himself and his companions to escape.
Still later, two Loth-cats were surprised in the grasslands by an Imperial courier droid falling from the sky. The droid was not destroyed, and righted itself, finding itself in curious company.
Ezra Bridger first saw a rare white Loth-cat in a vision, and it led him to the conclusion that by following it, he would be able to find clues about his parents' fate.
- A New Hero (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rise of the Old Masters"
- Servants of the Empire: Rebel in the Ranks (Mentioned only)
- "Kallus' Hunt"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 4
- Star Wars Rebels – "Empire Day"
- Ezra's Duel with Danger
- Star Wars Rebels – "Path of the Jedi"
- Servants of the Empire: Imperial Justice (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Call to Action"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Resolve"
- Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions
- Star Wars Rebels – "Legacy"
- Star Wars Rebels – "A Princess on Lothal"
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Call" (Face stylized on helmet)
- "The Ballad of 264"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine
- Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Ghosts of Geonosis" (Stylized on helmet)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Through Imperial Eyes" (Illustrated on helmet)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (As a tooka doll)
- Aftermath (Mentioned only)
- Disney Infinity 3.0 (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return of the Kyber Saber" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head (First appearance)
- "Rebels, Animated"—Star Wars Insider 155
- Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook (Seen in artwork)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Nexus of Power
- (Appears as art only)