The Low Altitude Assault Transport/infantry (LAAT/i), also known as the Low Altitude Assault Transport, Republic attack gunship or Assault Gunship, was a gunship used by the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. Its role was to transport troopers as well as offering air-to-ground and air-to-air support for the Republic against the Separatists. After the formation of the Galactic Empire, the remaining LAAT/is were absorbed into the Imperial Navy.
A variant of this gunship, the Low Altitude Assault Transport carrier, was often used to transport a single All Terrain Tactical Enforcer. Another version was modified to function within the vacuum of space. After the First Battle of Geonosis several LAAT/i gunships were modified by removing the side-mounted turrets in order to make more room for the sliding doors.
Years after the Clone Wars, another model of low-altitude transport, the low-altitude Imperial transport, was used by the remnant of the Galactic Empire led by Grand Moff Lozen Tolruck on the planet Kashyyyk.
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (Wreckage only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Commander
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Blue Shadow Virus"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Kanan 8: First Blood, Part II: The Towers of the Temple
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Tarkin
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"
- ↑ Aftermath: Life Debt