1982 (as Lucasfilm Games)
During their earliest years, they became famous mostly for adventure games, such as the Monkey Island series.
Their games spread throughout the past decade to encompass almost every game genre. These include role-playing games (RPG), such as the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic franchise, real-time strategy games (RTS), such as Star Wars: Empire at War and its expansion pack, first- and third-person shooters (FPS), such as the Jedi Knight series, and a continued run of flight simulators, both the X-Wing series as well as the Rogue Squadron series.
LucasArts has kept interests in non-Star Wars titles as well. It released sequels to its critically acclaimed Monkey Island series, and also created other franchises to continue with.
Recently, LucasArts re-released an assortment of games as downloads on Steam, Valve's game distribution service. While six of the ten games in the first wave were related to Star Wars or Indiana Jones, classic adventure games such as The Dig and Loom were also included. More are expected to follow.
On April 3, 2013, LucasArts' parent company, The Walt Disney Company, announced that the studio as a development house was being shut down and much of the staff laid off. The company will be reorganized as a licensing model, in order to minimize the company's "financial risk" and, in theory, increase a broader range of quality Star Wars games.
List of Star Wars games developed by LucasArts
List of Star Wars games licensed by LucasArts
- Chairman: George Lucas
- Co-President, Head of Business Operations: Kevin Parker
- Co-President, Head of Studio Production: Gio Corsi
- Eric Loomis, a voice actor who provided the voices of two unnamed characters in LucasArts' strategy game Star Wars: Rebellion
- John Geoghegan, former Vice President of Marketing
- Lynn Taylor, a former technician who worked on various LucasArts' games
- Scott Barrett, former production programmer
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire Limited Collector's Edition