The Lucasfilm Story Group began as an initiative from Kathleen Kennedy in 2012, whom Lucasfilm Vice President Kiri Hart helped form as its Development Lead, with the stated goal of abolishing the canon hierarchy system in favor of a single cohesive continuity. Lucasfilm Story Group—including Rayne Roberts, Carrie Beck, Diana Williams, Leland Chee, Pablo Hidalgo and Matt Martin —participated in the making of Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Starfighter, a digital expansion to the video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, being mentioned in the ending credits.
On April 25, 2014, the Lucasfilm Story Group rebooted the Star Wars universe by retiring much of the Expanded Universe storyline and rebranding it as "Star Wars Legends." Besides Lucas' six films, the only previously produced material still considered canon are the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series and film, and the standalone comic arc Star Wars: Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir; which was based on unproduced scripts from The Clone Wars TV series. All subsequent material produced in collaboration with the Story Group including the Disney XD television series Star Wars Rebels and all novels beginning with A New Dawn are considered part of the new canonical continuity.
Story Group members Carrie Beck and Leland Chee were involved in the production of the 2016 non-canon Disney XD animated series LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures to ensure that the show did not contradict the new canon continuity.
Author Jason Fry stated that one of the biggest misconceptions regarding the Story Group is that it is omniscient and should somehow be perfect. "Of course there are going to be inconsistencies and slips here and there."
- Rayne Roberts
- Carrie Beck
- Diana Williams
- Leland Chee
- Pablo Hidalgo
- Matt Martin
- Steve Blank
- James Waugh
- Josh Rimes
- Stephen Feder
- Cara Pardo
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 ForceCast #273: The Galaxy is Reading
- ↑ Kamp, David (May 24, 2017). Cover Story: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Definitive Preview. Vanity Fair. Retrieved on May 29, 2017.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Chris Taylor, How Star Wars Conquered the Universe, p. 409.
- ↑ screenshot) (
- ↑ Dave Filoni comments on Son of Dathomir. Dave Filoni (January 10, 2014). "Happy New Year! You may have seen the recent Clone Wars / Dark Horse Comics news, and I thought I would chime in and clarify things a bit..."
- ↑ LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures is more intense than you think
- ↑ Cooper, Mike (November 17, 2014). Jason Fry Keeps Talking To Us: Wired For The Classics. Eleven-ThirtyEight. Retrieved on June 9, 2015.
- ↑ Star Wars 31: The Screaming Citadel, Part II
- ↑ . "Josh Rimes. His focus is on animation."
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront II
- Lowry, Brian (May 4, 2017). 'Star Wars' story group manages teeming galaxy. cnn.com. Retrieved on May 5, 2017.
- Greene, Jamie (November 3, 2017). How Star Wars authors work with Lucasfilm and earn creative control. syfy.com. Retrieved on November 7, 2017.