- "If showing someone Ludo Kressh's pedicure [set] will change the game, I'm for it."
- ―Marn Hierogryph
This pedicure set was an assembly of grooming tools used by Dark Lord of the Sith Ludo Kressh's servant to tend to his feet in the time before the Great Hyperspace War. At some later point, the relic was discovered by agents of the Jedi Covenant—a secret Jedi cabal whose mission was to prevent the return of the Sith—and taken to a storage facility for study. During an investigation of the Covenant's questionable dealings in 3963 BBY, the black marketeer Marn Hierogryph and former Jedi Padawan Zayne Carrick stumbled upon the artifact.
- "That's it! I'm submitting my resignation as a Sith artifact documentarian."
- ―Marn Hierogryph, laying prone in exhaustion, with Ludo Kressh's pedicure set resting on his stomach
The kit that contained Dark Lord of the Sith Ludo Kressh's podal caretaking instruments was a spherical, rimmed object with several cylindrical attachments and miscellaneous knobs placed on its surface. When the pedicure set was discovered by agents of the Jedi Covenant—a secret Jedi society whose purpose was to prevent the return of the Sith—it was placed in a transparent, chartreuse-tinted cube of a specially-designed nullification resin for safety. Additionally, an identichip was embedded in the resin for identification purposes.
- "You have done well, and it has been rewarded. Glory in the honor, Seelah—it is the greatest that can befall such as us."
- ―Seelah's father, about her promotion in Ludo Kressh's service
In the years leading up to the Great Hyperspace War, Ludo Kressh made use of talented servants and slaves to care for his physical self and strengthen his domain on his homeworld of Rhelg. A Human female named Seelah Korsin had been tasked with the care of Kressh's feet, during which she made use of the pedicure set. When Korsin failed to stop an infection from spreading after her master had injured one of his ankles during battle, the Sith Lord executed every member of her family, starting with her father. Soon after, seeing as she had no reason to stay with Kressh, Korsin left to offer her services to Kressh's rival, the Dark Lord Naga Sadow.
Approximately 1,000 years later, the Snivvian black marketeer Marn Hierogryph, working with former Jedi Padawan Zayne Carrick, found the pedicure set in a Covenant-controlled storage and research facility on Odryn—the Sanctum of the Exalted. Hierogryph and Carrick had traveled to the Sanctum with the purpose of finding indications of the Covenant's questionable practices. The relic, like all others stored in the facility, was covered in the nullification resin to dampen the effects of its potential dark side aura. Hierogryph jokingly suggested using the artifact as evidence against the Jedi Covenant.
Behind the scenesEdit
The pedicure set made its first and only appearance in the comic Knights of the Old Republic 29: Exalted, Part 1, written by John Jackson Miller in 2008. In 2010's Lost Tribe of the Sith: Paragon, again written by Miller, the background of Seelah Korsin was detailed, revealing her former status as caretaker of Ludo Kressh's feet. This led some fans to wonder if the pedicure set and Korsin were in some way connected, which Miller later confirmed in his blog.
- Knights of the Old Republic 29: Exalted, Part 1 (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Lost Tribe of the Sith: Paragon
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 Knights of the Old Republic 29: Exalted, Part 1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 John Jackson Miller. KOTOR Countdown #5: Just-Asked Questions, Part Three (HTML). Retrieved on March 22, 2010.