A Jedi Temple was used by Luke Skywalker to train a new generation of Jedi some time after the end of the Galactic Civil War. However, one of Skywalker's students, his own nephew Ben Solo, fell to the dark side of the Force. He committed a massacre, killing many of his fellow students, and the temple was left burning. Years later, the young Force-sensitive scavenger named Rey had a vision that included glimpses of Luke Skywalker and his astromech droid R2-D2 watching the burning temple in the background.
Behind the scenesEdit
The burning ruins of Luke Skywalker's Jedi Temple were briefly seen in the 2015 film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, during Rey's vision. Although the location is not identified in the movie itself, the official screenplay describes that building as a temple, and so does the movie's novelization.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance) (Vision to Rey)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel (Vision to Rey)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ As the Jedi massacre takes place several years after the Galactic Civil War, the Battle of Jakku is the last known event before the fall of Luke Skywalker's Jedi.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens Ending Details And More Revealed In Official Screenplay
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel