Lumat was one of the many Ewoks who helped the Rebellion defeat the Galactic Empire in the Battle of Endor. He was the husband of Zephee and the father of Latara, Nippet, and Wiley. He was the chief woodcutter for his tribe.
Behind the scenesEdit
Lumat was made into an action figure by Kenner in 1984. Upon his initial release, he was in a Return of the Jedi package with a bow, a quiver, and a hood. The second release, on Power of the Force packaging, added a coin to his accessories.
In 2012 Lumat received his second figure in the vintage collection line now sporting a unique headsculpt, bow, and arrows as part of an online only release because stores couldn't take another wave of figures due to poor distribution on its figure line. Also interesting to note this figure can actually hold the bow and arrow like it is about to shoot a fleeing stormtrooper.
The Hasbro Graak Ewok figure, released in 2007, is based on the original "Lumat" action figure, though bears Graak's black and gray colors, matching that of the "Lumat" CCG card.
Lumat can be seen in the SE DVD of ROTJ at frame 1:12:32.
- How the Ewoks Saved the Trees: An Old Ewok Legend
- Wicket Finds a Way: An Ewok Adventure
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"The Travelling Jindas"
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"The Curse of the Jindas"
- The Shadow Stone: An Ewok Adventure
- Star Wars: Ewoks—Shadows of Endor
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Endor Limited (Card: Lumat)
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 87 (EWO7-8, Ewoks)
- "Rogues Gallery: The Ewoks: Warriors of Endor!"—Star Wars Insider 135