- "I took a laser blast in the chest, years back. The medibots fitted me with a metal lung."
The lungs were the essential organs of respiration in oxygen-breathing animals, including humans and Gungans. The Gungan species had strong and sturdy lungs which allowed them to hold their breath for extended periods, enabling them able to travel freely to their underwater cities.
When Anakin Skywalker crashed into the lava sands of Mustafar following his duel with Obi-Wan Kenobi, he lost use of his lungs, along many other injuries, and had to be rebuilt as a cyborg to ensure his survival.
- Star Wars 29: Yoda's Secret War, Part IV (Mentioned only)
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Dark
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Cold (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Rising
- Thrawn (Mentioned only)
- Leia, Princess of Alderaan (Mentioned only)
- Guardians of the Whills
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization (Mentioned only)
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- "There is Another"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
- "Contingency Plan"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- Phasma (Mentioned only)
- "The Face of Evil"—Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away: Aliens: Volume I
- "Bait"—Star Wars Insider 162 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- (Story Gallery: Slide 49)
- ; image 13
Notes and referencesEdit
- Lung on Wikipedia