The lungs were the essential organs of respiration in oxygen-breathing animals, including Humans and Gungans. The Gungan species had strong and sturdy lungs which allowed them to hold their breath for extended periods, enabling them able to travel freely to their underwater cities.
When Anakin Skywalker crashed into the lava sands of Mustafar following his duel with Obi-Wan Kenobi, he lost use of his lungs, along many other injuries, and had to be rebuilt as a cyborg to ensure his survival.
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Dark
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novel (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- "Bait"—Star Wars Insider 162 (Mentioned only)
- (Story Gallery: Slide 49)
- ; image 13
Notes and referencesEdit
- Lung on Wikipedia