Lutrillians were a sentient species of humanoids that were native to the planet Lutrillia. They were distinguished by their broad faces, fuzzy jowls, and wide-set eyes. Lutrillians were known to live a nomadic lifestyle and travelled around their homeworld. They loved adventure and discovery, often going off-world to explore other cultures. They were also considered, by other species, to be very agreeable, but had a small problem with greed. At some point during the Clone Wars, there were at least eight Lutrillian detainees in the Republic Judiciary Central Detention Center on Coruscant. During the Imperial Era, the Lutrillian Secon Daree was a Rebel pilot. Shortly before the Battle of Yavin, two Lutrillians attended the cantina of Mos Eisley the day Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker met Han Solo and Chewbacca.
Biology and appearanceEdit
Lutrillians stood out for their broad faces with wide-set eyes. Furthermore they had fuzzy jowls and long spiked ears that pricked up. A Lutrillian's nose had a distinctive line that went vertically through the middle and through their upper lip. Their skin was usually ruddy colored but it wasn't unseen for Lutrillians to have white or brown skin as well. On occasion, some Lutrillians had whiskers on their face.
Society and cultureEdit
Lutrillians tended to live a nomadic lifestyle, travelling around their homeworld of Lutrillia and avoiding subterranean predators. They loved adventure and discovery, and often travelled off-world to explore other cultures. They were also considered to be very agreeable, but had a small problem with greed.
- "Kill him Hardeen! Just like the Jedi!"
- ―A Lutrillian, to Obi Wan Kenobi (posing as Rako Hardeen)
At least eight Lutrillians were in the Republic Judiciary Central Detention Center. A Lutrillian backed a a Karkarodon in bullying the bounty hunter Rako Hardeen. The man stabbed the Karkarodon's hand with a fork and the Lutrillian fled with his injured friend. Later on, Hardeen was confronted by Boba Fett over a stolen bounty. A Lutrillian prompted Hardeen to kill Fett, who then attacked him and a fight broke out. The fight escalated into a prison riot and the prisoners began attacking the other guards. One Lutrillian obtained a stun blaster and began stunning the other guards. When four additional guards then entered the mess hall, the same Lutrillian ran for them, before being stunned. As the prisoners tried to escape, a Lutrillian ran down a hallway before being stunned by another guard.
During the Imperial Era, a Lutrillian named Pomi Harchmak was a heavy equipment inventory operations handler at Pryce Mining, a mining company on Lothal. When Governor Ryder Azadi framed Elainye Pryce for embezzlement, Arihnda Pryce and Senator Domus Renking planned to put the blame on Harchmak.
A Lutrillian warehouse manager hid criminals from the Gray Syndicate in his warehouse. One of them was Holshef, a poet whom the Galactic Empire wanted for his expressions against them. Merei Spanjaf sought out and paid the Lutrillian to keep Holshef safe for a week. After that week, the Empire was cracking down further on Holshef and Spanjaf paid the Lutrillian again to keep him for ten more days. The Lutrillian agreed but told her this was the limit he was willing to do.
A Lutrillian named Secon Daree was a part of the Alliance to Restore the Republic by 1 BBY. He was a Rebel pilot in Phoenix Squadron, a starfighter squadron led by Hera Syndulla. They were mobilized for an attack on Lothals TIE Defender factory. They managed to break through the blockade over the planet but as they entered atmosphere, the squadron was met by a swarm of TIE fighters and were all shot down. Grand Admiral Thrawn sent his Noghri assassin, Rukh, to capture the survivors and Daree and Hera Syndulla were both captured.
In 0 BBY two Lutrillians were at Chalmun's Cantina on Tatooine when Luke Skywalker met Han Solo. A short while later, Skywalker entered a cantina on Nar Shaddaa where a Lutrillian and the other residents were quick to notice him. Another Lutrillian was at a gambling table when Skywalker and Solo bet and lost the money they were meant to buy supplies with. A Lutrillian was in Cloud City when the Baron Administrator, Lando Calrissian, told the people to get out before the Galactic Empire fully occupied the place.
New Republic EraEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
The Lutrillians first to appeared in the background of the cantina scene of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, released in 1977. Stuart Freeborn designed the characters from costume sketches by John Mollo and they were featured more in an early cut of the sequence where one of them spoke to an Insectoid alien.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lightsaber Lost" (Appears on computer screen)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin" (Appears on computer screen)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Friends and Enemies" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Servants of the Empire: Rebel in the Ranks
- Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Assault"
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars 8: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part I
- Star Wars 16: Rebel Jail, Part I
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Recruit"
- (Slide 2)
- (Slide 7)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Assault"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars: Alien Archive - Species Guide
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 (Slide 4)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Thrawn
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy
- ↑ Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars 8: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part I
- ↑ Star Wars 16: Rebel Jail, Part I
- ↑ Star Wars Resistance – "The Recruit"
- ↑ Star Wars: Chronicles, pp. 79, 86.
- ↑ Star Wars: Behind the Magic.