- "They're lyleks—armored insects, with stabbing limbs and poisoned tentacles. They hunt in packs, and they'll travel for days to get fresh food. We might kill the first wave, but we couldn't keep them back for long."
Lyleks were a species of large insectoid predators native to the equatorial forests of the planet Ryloth. With their spiked pincers and powerful mandibles with a pair of tentacles near it, the lyleks were the only Rylothian lifeform more dangerous than the predatory gutkurrs. Their ridged, spiked carapaces could deflect blaster bolts. Although the Lyleks lived in hordes, the bigger individuals often dismembered the smaller members of their kind. These hordes were led by a Lylek queen, and their elaborate underground nests could cover up to 15 square kilometers. They communicated by hissing, clicking and chittering.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Lords of the Sith (First appearance)
- "Mercy Mission"—The Rise of the Empire (Mentioned only)
- "TK-462"—Star Wars Insider 166 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas (First pictured)