Few creatures were able to survive on the stifling, arid surface of Ryloth; the lyleks were aggressive and deadly and preyed on each other when no other food source was available. They were known to crawl deeply into the inhabited caves and threaten city dwellers. Inhabited caverns and underground cities were protected by blast doors and traps to prevent lylek attacks.
In addition to their viciousness and strength, the lyleks' tail tentacle was also tipped with a poisonous barb. The poison itself was not deadly, but it was disabling enough to prevent most creatures from escaping.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "The terrifying, bloodthirsty monster known as the lylek is named after my wife Kelly. Errrr… Wait, that came out wrong…"
- ―Dan Wallace
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds
- The Long Arm of the Hutt
- Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron: Battleground: Tatooine
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Tempest (Mentioned only)
- "Don't Leave Home Without It"—Star Wars Galaxy Collector 1
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- Ultimate Adversaries
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook