|M-3PO military protocol droid|
Military protocol droid
|Chronological and political information|
Various military garrisons and bases
The M-3PO military protocol droid was a variant of Cybot Galactica's successful 3PO-series protocol droid, designed for military applications. These droids were common sights in planetary garrisons and starfighter bases.
Cybot Galactica's M-3PO military protocol droid were produced with a black-hued version of the standard 3PO-series humanoid body. Their sensor-filled, clamshell-shaped heads were appropriated from the discontinued KW traffic control droid.
Despite their "military" designation, M-3PO units were not designed as battle droids. Rather, they were administrative organizers, programmed with the rules and regulations of over six million military and paramilitary organizations. M-3POs specialized in equipment requisitioning, barracks billeting, duty roster planning and personnel file management. These units were notoriously thorough, and insisted on maintaining procedure through the "proper channels".
- Jedi Trial
- X-Wing: Rogue Squadron
- X-Wing: Wedge's Gamble
- X-Wing: The Krytos Trap
- X-Wing: The Bacta War
- X-Wing: Isard's Revenge
- I, Jedi
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide II: Ruin
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, First Edition
- Star Wars Adventure Journal 11
- Look Sir, Droids!"—Star Wars Gamer 3 "
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 32 (MAN3-4, Droid Manufacturers)
- Threats of the Galaxy
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia