The M-TD Series translator droid was a repulsorlift-equipped interpretation droid capable of speaking its owner's language and a select few other languages specified by the owner. It lacked the full TranLang III communications module of the more-capable 3PO-series protocol droid. It was ideal for those who could not afford a full protocol droid, or for those who sought a more compact or mobile translator.
Like 3PO units, M-TD translator droids were equipped with a computer interface port and shutdown switch.
- From the Trees
- Young Jedi Knights: The Emperor's Plague
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King (melted remnant)
- The Star Wars Roleplaying Game (First mentioned)