The MC75 cruiser, also referred to as the MC75 modified star cruiser, was a model of Star Cruiser in the service of the Alliance Fleet. One such ship, the Profundity served as Admiral Raddus's flagship during the Battle of Scarif.
The MC75 cruiser, or alternatively the MC75 modified star cruiser, was a former Mon Calamari city-ship converted into a war cruiser by the Alliance to Restore the Republic. The enormous vessel stood at 1,204.44 meters in length, and was powered by twelve Kuat Drive Yards Gemon-15 sublight ion drives repurposed to give the massive vessel a cruising speed to match starfighter escorts. These sublight drives were shrouded beneath the engineering plane of the heat-dissipating engineering structure.
The refits carried out at deep-space facilities afforded these cruisers reinforced battleship hulls and a weapon collar modification to hold primary weapons and shield generators. The armored forward hull rendered the ship's concealed deflector shield generators redundant, though a deflector shield emitter array was fitted to the aft. The MC75 boasted twenty point-defense laser cannons, twelve broadside turbolasers, four heavy ion cannons, twelve proton torpedo launchers, and six tractor beam projectors concealed within a port forward of the weapon collar.
An armored outrigger fin on the ventral hull held the command bridge pod and receiver array, opposite a dorsal communications transmission mast and sensor cluster. These blade-like fins, coupled with the vessel's tapered profile, were design choices intended to trigger primal fears of predatory fish among the aquatic Mon Calamari. Next to the rear of the ventral outrigger fin was an ordnance pod. The city-ship's former civic atrium was hollowed out and converted into a docking bay and starship service area, overseen by a hangar traffic control suite protected by overlapping shields and magnetic containment fields to keep oxygen and pressure regulated.
When the Galactic Empire occupied the ocean planet of Mon Cala, the native Mon Calamari began a mass exodus from their homeworld, taking many of their enormous city-ships with them. The MC75 cruiser Profundity, one of the many spaceworthy structures that operated as transports and passenger liners, was originally the civic governance tower in Nystullum, and was among the vessels converted into warships by the rebellion at deep-space facilities. As one of the first battle-ready ships, the Profundity became the flagship of Admiral Raddus, the former mayor of Nystullum, and saw action at the Battle of Scarif in 0 BBY. The MC75 cruisers were only the first wave of ships to escape Mon Cala however, with other waves of starships following.
Behind the scenesEdit
The MC75 is clearly the evolutionary ascendant of the MC80 cruisers that would appear in later films. However, the ship's design was heavily inspired by conceptual art and models based by John Goodson, who designed the Invisible Hand.
- Thrawn, Part V (Cover only)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: Rogue One Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Rogue One Adaptation 5
- Rogue One Adaptation 6
- Star Wars 50: Hope Dies, Part I
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as MC75 cruiser)
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: Armada – Profundity Expansion Pack
- Star Wars: Armada – Profundity Expansion Pack (Card: )
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Armada – Profundity Expansion Pack (Card: )
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Armada – Profundity Expansion Pack (Card: )
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Profundity Expansion Pack
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Star Wars 50: Hope Dies, Part I