Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "The ones we captured—two stormtroopers and all five of the transport's crew—refuse to talk. I have them in detention, isolated from each other. I've had an Emdee-oh and Emdee-one droid engaged in postmortems of the troopers we killed. With luck something will give us an idea where they came from."
- ―Wedge Antilles reports on the situation following the Imperial raid on Talasea
The MD-1 was a model of medical droid and a part of the MD-series that was manufactured by Industrial Automaton. It was slightly humanoid in appearance, possessed the ability to project holograms, and was specialized in laboratory chemical analysis.
Manufactured by Industrial Automaton, the MD-1 was a first-degree droid that was part of the company's range of MD-series of medical droids. Like all MD-series droids, the MD-1 resembled Industrial Automation's earlier design, the 2-1B surgical droid, and was 1.5 Imperial standard meters tall. The unit consisted of a torso with two arms and a cranial unit, and was bipedal with lower half of the unit covered by a surgical gown to protect its internal mechanisms. MD-1 droids were ambidextrous.
Units of the MD-series were generally covered in gray plating with green highlights, and had yellow photoreceptors. Costing 2,000 credits a unit, they were available for purchase throughout the galaxy. The torso also contained a connection socket located on the lower half to allow the droid to directly connect to a computer.
MD-1 droids were designed as laboratory technicians, and were able to perform routine and advanced laboratory analysis on bacteria, germs, poisons, and diseases. They were employed to develop vaccines and antibiotics.
Constructed on the droid factory world of Telti, they were employed by both the Empire and the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War. Aboard the Imperial EF76 Nebulon-B escort frigate Far Orbit, an MD-1 droid was responsible for overseeing the sick bay's laboratory.
The Alliance's successor state, the New Republic, employed an MD-1 to assist a 2-1B surgical droid in performing an examination on Urlor Sette, a former Alliance prisoner of war who was rigged to be killed by an internal device installed by Ysanne Isard. When Rogue Squadron pilot mentioned Sette's name, the internal mechanism was triggered, killing the man. During the Yuuzhan Vong war, an MD-1 droid performed laboratory tests on the healing properties of the tears of the Fosh, Vergere.
- Scavenger Hunt (First appearance)
- X-Wing: Rogue Squadron
- X-Wing: Isard's Revenge
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
- The Star Wars Sourcebook (As "Emdee-one (MD-1)")
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook (As "MD-1")
- Star Wars Technical Journal, Volume One
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition (As "MD-1")
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition (As "Emdee-one (MD-1)")
- Star Wars Technical Journal
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 9 (MAN2, Droid Manufacturers)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 96 (MED6, MD Medical Specialist)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II ("MD (Emdee) droids")
- Strongholds of Resistance
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 The Star Wars Sourcebook
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 The Essential Guide to Droids
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 Arms & Equipment Guide
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8 4.9 The Official Star Wars Fact File 96 (MED6, MD Medical Specialist)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 X-Wing: Rogue Squadron
- ↑ The Far Orbit Project
- ↑ X-Wing: Isard's Revenge
- ↑ The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial