This droid model was used as a pharmacist and had an extensive database of different medicines and drugs.
Built by Industrial Automaton, the MD-3 was a first-degree droid, That was a member of the MD-series medical droids. Similar in design to the 2-1B surgical droid, another of Industrial Automaton's products, the MD-3 was 1.5 Imperial standard meters high, with a cranial unit attached to a torso with two arms. A surgical gown covered the lower half of the droid, protecting the bipedal droid' delicate mechanisms. MD-3 droids were ambidextrous.
MD-series droids were usually finished in gray plating, with green trimming , alongside yellow photoreceptors. MD-3's retailed for 2,000 credits, and were commonly available for purchase throughout the galaxy. The torso also contained a connection socket located on the lower half to allow the droid to directly connect to a computer.
MD-3 droids were intended for use as pharmacists, with the ability to prepare and prescribe drugs.
Constructed on the droid factory world of Telti, they were employed by the Empire during the Galactic Civil War. Aboard the Imperial EF76 Nebulon-B escort frigate Far Orbit, an MD-3 droid was part of the sick bay staff, and was responsible for overseeing the pharmacy and operating the bacta tank. It also assisted the MD-1 droid, consulting in laboratory matters. An MD-3 droid with a faulty regulator was aboard the luxury liner Kuari Princess, as part of the stock in the Jawa Droid Shop.
- The Star Wars Sourcebook (As "Emdee-three (MD-3)")
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook (As "MD-3")
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook (As "MD-3 pharmaceutical Droid")
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition (As "MD-3")
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition (As "Emdee-three (MD-3)")
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 9 (MAN2, Droid Manufacturers) (Indirect mention only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 96 (MED6, MD Medical Specialist)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (As "MD-3")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 The Star Wars Sourcebook
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 The Essential Guide to Droids
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 Arms & Equipment Guide
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8 4.9 The Official Star Wars Fact File 96 (MED6, MD Medical Specialist)
- ↑ The Far Orbit Project
- ↑ Riders of the Maelstrom
- ↑ The Mandalorian Armor