The MG7-A featured sophisticated guidance systems allowing the torpedo to track and home in on targets. The MG7-A was said to have a margin of error of less than three meters under even the heaviest of jamming, though it was not unusual for high-powered starfighters to outmaneuver these warheads.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 126 (PRO1-2, Proton Torpedoes)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 129 (PRO3-4, Proton Torpedoes)
- Star Wars Blueprints: Rebel Edition