- "The blue guards started telling everyone to clear the doors, and then people started shouting back. They [the protestors] tried to push back, and that's when the rifles came out."
- ―Lia Reicheds
Commissioned by the galactic Senate for the use of the Senate Guard, the Mk II Paladin was manufactured by SoroSuub Corporation. This distinctive black-and-silver weapon was powerful and highly accurate in the right hands, and all Guardsmen were trained in rifle proficiency as new recruits. The blaster also carried a stun setting and a stun prod useful for crowd-control situations. Although designated as "ceremonial" weapons, these rifles saw increased use during the latter decades of the Republic's rule. Capable of both single-shot and rapid-fire, they were equipped with collapsible stocks.
By the time of the Galactic Civil War, the rifles were largely stored in the armories deep within the Imperial Palace. A rare sight in the greater galaxy, some remained available as collectors items on the black market.
- "Hate Leads to Lollipops"—Star Wars Tales 9 (Non-canonical appearance)
- Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan: Last Stand on Ord Mantell 1
- Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan: Last Stand on Ord Mantell 3
- Jedi Council: Acts of War 4
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars 26: Infinity's End, Part 4
- Star Wars: Republic: Honor and Duty
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Republic 61: Dead Ends
- Republic 63: Striking from the Shadows
- Jedi: Yoda
- Republic 64: Bloodlines (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 24"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- Young Jedi Collectible Card Game: The Jedi Council
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Senate Guard) (Picture only)
- Endless Vigil (First identified as MK II Paladin blaster rifle)