- "Well, forget the heavy equipment. There's plenty of time to get the smaller modules on the transports."
- ―Luke Skywalker
The MLC-3 was armed with twin blaster cannons and moved on a compact tracked chassis. The use of wheeled bogies rather than repulsorlift units suggests that, like many Rebel units, this was a relatively low-tech vehicle, and it seems that the cockpit hatch was opened manually rather than hydraulically.
While the MLC-3 was designed to operate with a single pilot, they could be programmed to run autonomously, firing at preset targets.
Behind the scenesEdit
The emitters of this "Mobile Laser Cannon" are perhaps rather small for Star Wars "lasers," but they are almost certainly blasters of some sort, and much of the bulk of the cannon should probably be regarded as being housed in the interior of the chassis: the name implies that the guns of the MLC-3 should be interpreted as twin barrels of a single weapon, rather than two separate cannons.
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars 78: Hoth Stuff! (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back toy line
- "Scouting the Galaxy: Just Trying to (Action) Figure It All Out"—Star Wars Insider 30
- "Galactic Bazaar: Collectors' Comlink"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 10
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- "Mexican Stand Off"—Star Wars Galaxy Collector 8
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia