The MSE-6 series repair droid, also known as a mouse droid, was a roving repair droid that was employed in the hundreds to clean the floors of starships and bases, as well as carry messages and guide troops to assigned posts. They were small, boxy droids that moved around on four driver wheels, half-hidden under the body. A command order tray in the top of the droid held sealed orders. Although MSE-6s were simple by the standards of most fully independent droids, they were capable of performing a number of complex tasks.
Designed by Rebaxan Columni in the days of the Galactic Republic, it remained a mainstay aboard starships for decades. The Galactic Empire that supplanted the Republic used mouse droids, and so did the First Order some thirty years later. Their omnispresence led to a growing aftermarket in modified mouse droids used for surveillance or slicing.
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Mission to Mos Eisley" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as MSE-6 series repair droid)
- The Art of Star Wars: Uprising (As "Mouse Droid")
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: What is a Droid?
- Star Wars: Droidography
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Poe Dameron 9: The Gathering Storm, Part II
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Darth Maul, Part III
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Point of No Return"
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Member: "Modified MSE-6 Repair Droid"