- "The boy's a Jedi. Kill him."
- ―Boba Fett, to the Ma'alkerrite ape-men and other patrons assembled at Al the Alchemist's cantina
The sentient species known as Ma'alkerrite ape-men were present in the galaxy by the time of the Galactic Civil War. Several ape-men were present in a cantina on the planet Toprawa in 0 BBY when the young Human Havet Storm entered the premises. When the patrons discovered the boy was carrying a lightsaber, the ape-men and several other bar-goers confronted Storm aggressively.
Biology and appearanceEdit
The Ma'alkerrite ape-men hailed from the Ma'alkerr system, located in the Rago sector of the Mid Rim. They had contact with the galaxy by the time of the Galactic Civil War. In the year 0 BBY, a group of Ma'alkerrite ape-men visited the cantina Al The Alchemist's, a locale on the planet Toprawa frequented by mercenaries, gun-runners, and bounty hunters from across the galaxy, the infamous Boba Fett among them. That day, Havet Storm, a young Human boy whose grandfather had been a Jedi Knight, entered the cantina. The patrons soon discovered that Storm was carrying a lightsaber, so the Ma'alkerrite ape-men and other bar-goers clustered around the boy, staring at him aggressively. Fett, who was carrying a grudge against the boy from another encounter, ordered the assorted patrons of the cantina to kill Storm, but the boy escaped.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "They are standing around you in a close ring — humans, lizard-like Druulgothans, Ma'alkerrite ape-men, winged Banasthaurs — gun-runners, mercenaries, and bounty hunters from all across the galaxy. And they are all staring at you."
- ―A mention of Ma'alkerrite ape-men in the front matter of The Lost Jedi
Paul Cockburn created the Ma'alkerrite ape-men for his pick-a-path adventure Jedi Dawn, published by Boxtree Ltd in 1993. The ape-men are not mentioned in the adventure itself, only in the front matter immediately following the book's cover. The scene described there matches a scene contained in the actual adventure, including the same quotation from Boba Fett. The mention of the Ma'alkerrite ape-men is repeated in the front matter of The Lost Jedi Adventure Game Book, published in 1995, which collected Jedi Dawn and its sequel, The Bounty Hunter.
- Jedi Dawn (First appearance) (Inside cover blurb only)
- The Lost Jedi Adventure Game Book (Inside cover blurb only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 The Lost Jedi Adventure Game Book, Front matter
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Essential Atlas and Galactic Cartography: Official Discussion on the Jedi Council Forums (Literature board; posted by jasonfry on 12/11/07 7:59am; accessed October 19, 2012). Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. Ma'alkerr appears to be one such case.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Lost Jedi Adventure Game Book, p. 18
- ↑ The Lost Jedi Adventure Game Book, p. 66
- ↑ The Lost Jedi Adventure Game Book, p. 84