|Mace Windu's lightsaber|
|Physical and technical specifications|
|Usage and history|
Mace Windu's lightsaber was the weapon wielded by the selfsame Jedi Master during his career. It was almost unique among the Jedi as it produced a violet blade when activated, rather than the more common green or blue. Windu's lightsaber was wielded across the galaxy in many skirmishes and battles during notable events such as the Yinchorri Uprising and the Clone Wars. Those conflicts saw the blade used on battlefronts such as Yinchorr, Ryloth, Dantooine, Boz Pity, Coruscant, Malastare and others.
In 19 BBY, the lightsaber was lost when it was dropped out of the window of Chancellor Palpatine's office prior to his death. In 18 BBY, Duros salvagers recovered it and gave it to Senator Sano Sauro.
First lightsaber Edit
As a Jedi initiate, Windu was able to see shatterpoints in the force, allowing him to glimpse the future in brief visions. During these visions, Mace was able to see the lightsaber he would eventually build. This was a cause for concern within the Jedi Council, as Windu was unable to construct a weapon resembling the lightsaber he saw in his visions.
At the age of fourteen, Windu requested a true challenge, so that he would be able to find the parts necessary to build the lightsaber. Upon his request, the council sent him to the planet Hurikane alone.
Upon his arrival, he was chased away by the natives, but was easily able to gain the upper hand with the Force. At one point, he caused one of the natives to shatter, but was able to painstakingly reconstruct the individual. As a result, the natives presented him with a violet-colored lightsaber crystal, which he used to finally construct the lightsaber he had seen in his visions of the future.
Second lightsaber Edit
Sometime before 22 BBY, Mace created a second lightsaber, in recognition of his position as a senior Jedi Council member. It was built to the highest standards, emphasizing precision and quality. The weapon incorporated an electrum finish reserved only for the most senior of council members, as well as the signature violet crystal of his earlier weapon. His second lightsaber served him throughout the galaxy-spanning Clone Wars, until his death at the hands of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine in 19 BBY - who was the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious. The lightsaber plummeted out of the shattered window of the Chancellor's office after Windu's hand was severed by Anakin Skywalker, with its owner soon following.
The following year, a Duros sold a broken lightsaber, which he claimed once belonged to Master Windu, to Senator Sano Sauro. Though the claim was never verified, Senator Sauro displayed the lightsaber in question in his office.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- "Force Fiction"—Star Wars Tales 7
- "The Sith in the Shadow"—Star Wars Tales 13
- Tag & Bink: Revenge of the Clone Menace
- LEGO Star Wars: The Quest for R2-D2
- LEGO Star Wars: Revenge of the Brick
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game (Playable model only)
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
- Star Wars Episode I: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 112 (Mace Windu's Lightsabers)
- (Mentioned only)
- The New Essential Guide to Characters (Picture only)
- The New Essential Chronology (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Special Edition (Picture only)
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded (Picture only)
- The Essential Reader's Companion (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Mace Windu) (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Dark Side (Non-canonical source)