|Chronological and political information|
Machook was an Ewok who participated in a conflict with the Lahsbees after the Battle of Endor. He shared a name with a figure of Ewok legend, one said to have been a hero who built the first tree village on Endor.
Behind the scenesEdit
There are two different Ewoks with similar facial features who have been identified as Romba. The first is a brown-hooded Ewok who was made into an action figure by Kenner, one of "the last seventeen." This particularly short Ewok, who has a brown hood that ties together at the neck, appears in a scene where he mourns for Nanta who was killed. He was played by Debbie Lee Carrington.
This misattribution was repeated in Star Wars Fact File 109. But in 2007, Leland Chee apparently corrected the situation by identifying Carrington's Ewok as Romba in time for her appearance at Celebration IV. The same year, a new action figure of Romba was produced by Hasbro, again with the proper likeness.
The Ewok suit Debbie Carrington wore for Romba in Return of the Jedi is apparently the same suit she later wore as Weechee Warrick in Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure while Machook seems to have made his way into Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure, appearing when the village prepares the caravan's journey.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6
- ↑ Rebelscum.com: Vintage Star Wars Photo Archives
- ↑ TheForce.Net interview with Debbie Lee Carrington
- ↑ Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Endor Limited (Card: Romba)
- ↑ Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Endor Limited (Card: Ewok Spearman)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Tim Veekhoven's StarWars.com Blog (content now obsolete; backup link on Archive.org)
- ↑ Rebelscum.com: Star Wars The 30th Anniversary Collection Photo Archives