Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Maer was a humanoid male who served as a corporal in the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War. In 3 ABY, Maer was stationed at Echo Base, the Alliance's headquarters on the planet Hoth. He was an expert on the planet's frozen terrain, as well as animals. Following the Alliance's defeat at the Battle of Hoth, Maer gained notability as one of Echo Base's tauntaun handlers.
Maer, a humanoid male, was a corporal in the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War. He was stationed at the Alliance High Command headquarters of Echo Base on the ice planet Hoth shortly before the Battle of Hoth in the year 3 ABY. Maer was a tauntaun handler who developed a unique sign language to communicate with the creatures. Maer received training in the use of many of Echo Base's heavy weapons, including the Atgar 1.4 FD P-Tower. Following the Rebel Alliance's defeat at Hoth, Maer became well-known as one of Echo Base's tauntaun handlers.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Maer was first mentioned by a card for the Premiere edition of Decipher's 2001 Jedi Knights Trading Card Game, and later on another card for the game's Masters of the Force expansion set. According to his card statistics, Maer had average combat abilities. According to his Premiere card, Maer's deploy cost decreased on Hoth; his Masters of the Force card also revealed that his power increased on Hoth. In December 2003, Maer was briefly mentioned by the in-universe article series Hoth: Under the Ice on Wizards of the Coast's website, which revealed that he had become one of Echo Base's notable tauntaun handlers. In 2008, Maer was given an entry in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.
- Jedi Knights Trading Card Game – Premiere (Card: Corporal Maer • Tauntaun Handler) (First mentioned)
- Jedi Knights Trading Card Game – Masters of the Force (Card: Corporal Maer • Quick Draw)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Jedi Knights Trading Card Game – Premiere (Card: Corporal Maer • Tauntaun Handler)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 274 ("Maer, Corporal")
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ Jedi Knights Trading Card Game – Masters of the Force (Card: Corporal Maer • Quick Draw)