The Magi Sentinels were an organization of robed individuals who protected the monarch of Onderon around the time of the Freedon Nadd Uprising in 3998 BBY. They were guarding King Ommin's subterranean fortress when Satal and Aleema Keto arrived for his aid in translating a Sith spellbook they had stolen.
Some time later, the Imperial Sentinels developed by Darth Sidious to serve his Dark Side Adepts also donned cloaks and armors similar to the equipments of both the Magi Sentinels and Zeta Magnus.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "So these guards seemed to me an obviously intended antecedent of some sort, even if only in spirit. Zeta Magnus thus became the missing link. I just had to name them."
- ―Abel G. Peña
Onderon's Magi Sentinels first appeared in Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi — The Freedon Nadd Uprising, a 1994 sub-series of the Tales of the Jedi series of comics, written by Tom Veitch. However, they were only identified as such by Abel G. Peña in the eNovella SkyeWalkers: A Clone Wars Story, which was written between 2008 and 2011 but only released in 2015. Peña saw the visual similarity between the unnamed guards in The Freedon Nadd Uprising and the Imperial Sentinels from Veitch's Dark Empire as intended, and thus made the connection more explicit while describing the similarly garbed Zeta Magnus.
- Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi — The Freedon Nadd Uprising (First appearance)
- SkyeWalkers: A Clone Wars Story (First identified as Magi Sentinels)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi — The Freedon Nadd Uprising
- ↑ SkyeWalkers: A Clone Wars Story
- ↑ Dark Empire Sourcebook
- ↑ Dark Empire 4: Confrontation on the Smugglers' Moon
- ↑ Abel G. Peña's "Skyewalkers" Hits the Internet! on the Jedi Council Forums (Literature board; posted by Halagad_Ventor on 3/18/15 3:47pm; accessed March 21, 2015)