- "I am not a natural Force wielder like the Jedi or Sith. I use dark magick to achieve power."
- ―Mother Talzin
Magick was a supernatural technique that allowed a practitioner to wield great powers connected to the dark side of the Force. The Nightsister witches of Dathomir were wielders of magick, with Daka being the most powerful of the magick-using witches.
- "Magick is a living thing. It arises from blood and trees and mist. It flows through your veins already, but we will reshape you to channel it."
- ―Shelish, to the Smuggler
The last Nightsister, Shelish, described Nightsister magick very similarly to the Force: as a living thing that arises from blood, trees, and mist. Anyone could learn to use magick, so long as they were Force-sensitive, as demonstrated by the Smuggler; however, first, they must breathe in a special energized mist which transforms the blood into ichor. The ichor, which appeared as a green mist, could then be used in the magicks. A special talisman was used during the ritual to energize said mist.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Monster"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Witches of the Mist"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow Warrior"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Massacre"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brothers"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revenge"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Disappeared, Part II"
- Dark Disciple (Mentioned only)
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part Two
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part Three
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part Four
- Star Wars Rebels – "Visions and Voices"
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Ghosts of Dathomir
- Dawn of Rebellion