The Maker, also known The One Who Creates, was a being often referred to in deity-like terms by droids. Droids claimed that the Maker was the being that created the first droid. He changed them from simple machines into intelligent creations. Another belief was that The Maker was actually the first droid.
It seemed curious that new droids would possess knowledge of the Maker, which led to two conclusions: new droids were told by old droids, creating a chain, or droid manufacturers included knowledge of the Maker in droid programming to make them easier to control.
The Maker was also central to the religion of the Sunesi people, who also called him the Giver. They viewed him as the giver of life and a master being "with a fine and glorious creativity and affection," often adding a sense of humor to his qualities.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 38: Faithful Execution (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Starfighter (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Lost Prince" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Droids—"Coby and the Starhunters"
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Great Heep" (Mentioned only)
- Escape from the Monster Ship: A Droid Adventure (Adaptation of "Tail of the Roon Comets")
- "Only Droids Serve the Maker"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10
- Dark Forces: Soldier for the Empire
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- "Thank the Maker"—Star Wars Tales 6
- Star Wars 69: Death in the City of Bone (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 75: Tidal (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Annual 3: The Apprentice (Mentioned only)
- Children of the Jedi
- The New Jedi Order: Balance Point
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory II: Rebirth
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Refugee
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Price of Business (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Scavenger's Guide to Droids