The Maktite were a group of soldiers and mercenaries. They tried to defeat the Echani some time prior to 3956 BBY; however, like other groups that followed, they were unsuccessful. They were unprepared to counter the military equipment developed by the Echani, who made several simple yet elegant changes to their light armor which rendered the Maktite thermal weapons ineffective.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Maktite were first mentioned in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, a computer roleplaying game produced by BioWare in 2003. They never appear in the game but are mentioned in the description of the Echani light armor, which are also available in the sequel, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, produced in 2004. The item description is also included in the two Prima Games strategy guides. They also received a mention in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Mentioned only)
- Knights of the Old Republic: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia