|Chronological and political information|
A Human male, Malé-Dee was born in the Visdic province of the planet Uyter. Later in life, Malé-Dee entered public service. Wearing traditional robes that indicated his province of origin, Malé-Dee also wore his hair in a distinctive fashion which symbolized his desire for peace.
During the Clone Wars, a galaxy-spanning conflict between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, Senator Lexi Dio represented Malé-Dee's homeworld, and was a member of the Loyalist Committee. Despite her position on the committee, Dio was outspoken in criticizing the Galactic Senate's expanded powers, and strongly opposed the Military Creation Act. In 20 BBY, however, Dio was assassinated, and Malé-Dee was elected to take her place.
It was believed by his constituents that Malé-Dee would be less outspoken than his predecessor, and would take her place on the Loyalist Committee. Malé-Dee proved them wrong, however, and he too grew suspicious over Supreme Chancellor Palpatine's growing power over the Senate. Near the end of the war, Malé-Dee joined the Delegation of 2000, which presented Palpatine with the Petition of 2000; this document called for the Supreme Chancellor to relinquish his burgeoned powers at the war's conclusion, and denounced the renewed position of Moff. Palpatine was enraged by the screed, declaring its signatories to be traitors.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Millennium Falcon (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith comic
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- "Who's Who in the Delegation of 2000"—Star Wars Insider 85
- Revenge of the Sith Movie Scrapbook
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia