Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The planet of Manda orbited the main-sequence star of Manda Prime in the Manda system. The world was located at galactic coordinates R-15 in the Slice part of the Mid Rim region of the galaxy, close to that region's border with the Outer Rim Territories. During the conclusion of the New Sith Wars, Manda was located near the border of the Hutt Space, and the planet still remained in that relative position during the final years of the Galactic Republic. In 0 ABY, Manda was a part of the sector of the same name. Manda was located on the Manda Merchant Route—a hyperlane that connected it to the Mid Rim world of Bothawui, the planet of Molavar in the Outer Rim, and Manda's neighboring worlds of Boranda and Dennaskar— and was the starting point of the only reliable hyperspace route to the world of Roon—the Manda-Roon Merchant Route.
In 3996 BBY—the last year of the Great Sith War—, the Sith Empire engaged the Republic military forces in a battle on the planet following the former's victory at Bothawui. The Sith were victorious at Manda, and moved on to the planet Leritor.
No military actions were carried out in the vicinity of Manda during the Mandalorian Wars. However, in the following Jedi Civil War, the Republic military moved through Manda on their way from Leritor to the planet of Kothlis as part of Republic campaign against Darth Revan's Sith Empire.
At some point before 520 BBY, the Baobab Archives were established on the planet, and in that year, the Ark of Baron Auletphant—a legendary barge and one of the Twenty Wonders of the Galaxy that was lost in space for ten millennia—became part of the Archives.
Centuries later, during Anakin Skywalker's apprenticeship to Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi, the latter employed a pilot for transportation from Manda spaceport to the star of Circarpous Major.
The planet was the homeworld of the wealthy Baobab family, a group of merchants. The Baobab Merchant Fleet employed many species, and the Bocce language was developed for interspecies communication within the Fleet. The Baobab Merchant Council also operated from Manda.
Notable natives of the planet included Ebenn Q3 Baobab, Pookie Baobab, Mungo Baobab, Oggem "Old Ogger" Baobab, and presumably Yperio Baobab. It was also home to Rebel Alliance pilot Adam Swiftgale.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Jedi Quest: The Dangerous Games (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Droids—"Tail of the Roon Comets" (First appearance)
- Escape from the Monster Ship: A Droid Adventure (Adaptation of "Tail of the Roon Comets")
- Death Star (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Mentioned only)
- "A Bitter Winter"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 5 (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- "Galactic Bazaar: Collectors' Comlink"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 9
- C-3PO: Tales of the Golden Droid
- Galactic Phrase Book and Travel Guide
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- "Rogues Gallery: Clearance for Immediate Launch"—Star Wars Insider 146
Notes and referencesEdit