| Chronological and political information
MandalMotors was a Mandalorian company located on the Outer Rim world of Mandalore. Founded by the Mandalorian general Gustav Zenlav, MandalMotors grew to be a large corporation, headed by a board of executives under the authority of a single CEO. The company was headquartered in Mandalore's capital city, Keldabe, where its hundred-meter-tall tower adorned with their unmistakable business logo became a well-known landmark around the city. MandalMotors was primarily a manufacturer of starships, although the Mandalorian corporation was also notable for the creation of several speeder models, gunships, and at least one class of ground-based tank. Over time, MandalMotors developed a reputation for its outstanding ship designs and powerful military vessels.
A largely neutral company, MandalMotors was a driving force behind the economy of Mandalore, and sold its many products to any interested party willing to pay the necessary credits. Mandalorian police units took to the company's Pursuer-class enforcement ships, while the radical Mandalorian Death Watch group were known to make use of Kom'rk-class fighter/transports. When Mandalore the Ressurector came to power late in the Clone Wars, the Mandalore and his army seized MandalMotors' facilities solely for use by the Confederacy of Independent Systems, with whom he had aligned the Mandalorians against the Galactic Republic in their galaxy-spanning war. Under the Galactic Empire that was born from the Republic, MandalMotors came under the sway of an Imperial advisor forcefully placed on the company's board, and produced dungeon ships for the galactic regime. After the Empire fell, MandalMotors became an ally of the New Republic, supplying several member worlds with military crafts. When a lode of the precious and incredibly resistant iron ore known as beskar was found on Mandalore in the aftermath of the Yuuzhan Vong War, MandalMotors' work with the rare metal became the catalyst that elevated the Mandalorian world into a state of economic resurgence.
Established several hundred years before the Battle of Yavin, MandalMotors was founded by General Gustav Zenlav. The company created numerous starships including the Pursuer-class enforcement ship, one of which would come into the ownership of the famed bounty hunter Boba Fett and eventually be known as Slave II.
During the Clone Wars, Mandalore the Resurrector and his new army of Mandalorian Protectors took control of the MandalMotors facilities for use by the Confederacy of Independent Systems with which Mandalore was currently aligned.
Under the auspices of the Galactic Empire, MandalMotors was not allowed to do business until an Imperial "advisor" was placed on the company's board of directors, although this did not stop the sale of weapons to Tyber Zann's criminal organization. Following the Battle of Endor, this "advisor" was ousted in favor of support for the New Republic.
During the Battle of Mandalore, in the midst of the Yuuzhan Vong War, MandalMotors' hundred-meter tower sustained heavy damage, but remained standing in spite of it. By the time of the Second Galactic Civil War, the company was headed by Jir Yomaget and had donated MandalMotors Hall—a communal building where clan chieftains could gather to discuss Mandalorian politics and matters of importance, occasionally with the Mand'alor—to the community of Keldabe. After the discovery of a new vein of beskar ore outside the settlement of Enceri, production began on two new beskar-reinforced designs, the Bes'uliik-class assault starfighter and the Tra'kad-class assault vessel.
- Decision: Coruscant (Mentioned only)
- Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel
- Imperial Commando: 501st
- The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption (Mentioned only)
- The Mandalorian Armor (Mentioned only)
- Slave Ship (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed (First appearance)
- Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice
- Legacy of the Force: Revelation
- Fate of the Jedi: Vortex (Mentioned only)
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire trading cards (Card: )
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- "The History of the Mandalorians"—Star Wars Insider 80
- Harbingers of Doom"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- Galaxy at War
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Incredible Vehicles
- The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett