The Mandalorian Crusades were a series of military campaigns launched by the Mandalorian Crusaders after the settlement of Mandalore circa 7000 BBY. It ended when the Crusaders were defeated at Onderon during the Great Sith War.
Thousands of years before the creation of the Old Republic, a war erupted between the Taung and Zhell species for the control of their shared homeworld of Coruscant. After their defeat and their expulsion from Coruscant, the Taung relocated to Roon before claiming the planet Mandalore circa 7000 BBY.
The settlement of Mandalore resulted in a Mandalorian golden age during which warriors known as Mandalorian Crusaders embarked on a nomadic crusade. Subjugated planets, including Ordo, Shogun, Concord Dawn, and Gargon, were absorbed into Mandalorian Space. Other worlds, such as Fenel, were completely devastated and their inhabitants decimated.
In the decades leading to the Great Sith War, the Mandalorians managed to conquer planets located in the Core Worlds and the Deep Core, including Basilisk and Kuar. In 3996 BBY, Mandalore the Indomitable was defeated in a duel against Sith Lord Ulic Qel-Droma. The Mandalorian Crusaders were forced to join Exar Kun's Sith Empire and thus waged their crusades against the Republic. The Crusaders were finally defeated on Onderon where Mandalore the Indomitable was killed.
Timeline of the CrusadesEdit
- c. 7000 BBY — Conquest of Mandalore
- 6700s BBY — Conquest of Fenel
- 5451 BBY — Pathandr Fury
- 5130s BBY — Nakat Incursions
- 4024 BBY — Conquest of Fenel
- 4017 BBY — Battle of Basilisk
- 4002 BBY — Battle of Kuar
- 3996 BBY — Great Sith War
Following the Mandalorian defeat and the end of the war, the new Mandalore, Mandalore the Ultimate, reorganized the clans into the Neo-Crusaders. The subsequent war, the Mandalorian Wars, turned into a massive war against the Galactic Republic for the control of the galaxy.
- Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi—The Sith War (First appearance)
- "The History of the Mandalorians"—Star Wars Insider 80
- The Essential Atlas (First identified as Mandalorian Crusades)
- The Essential Guide to Warfare