|Mandator-class Star Dreadnaught|
The Mandator-class Star Dreadnaught was a warship developed by Kuat Drive Yards two decades before the Clone Wars as the centerpiece of the Kuat sector's defense fleet. A humpbacked warship like its predecessor, the Procurator-class Star Battlecruiser, it was the first starship to receive the designation of Dreadnaught by the Anaxes War College. Regulations from the Ruusan Reformation limited the Mandator-class's speed and armament, though they were still formidable warships. The Mandator-class's ventral protrusion was the result of its large reactor. By the time of the Clone Wars, seven Star Dreadnaughts were in service—three in the Kuat sector, and one in each of the Azure, Ixtlar, Alsaka, and Humbarine sectors. Its successor, the Mandator II-class Star Dreadnaught, featured heavier armor, better weaponry, and better hyperdrive capabilities. The Mandator II-class was unveiled during the Clone Wars, which also saw three of the original Mandator-class ships refitted for combat.
- Attack of the Clones: Incredible Cross-Sections (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
Notes and referencesEdit
- Jason Fry's tumblr account - EG to Warfare Endnotes Pt. 7.
- Jason Fry's tumblr account - EG to Warfare Endnotes Pt. 11.