Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Mandator II-class was a powerful vessel. While Star Destroyers like the Venator-class could stand up to a handful of Separatist Recusant-class light destroyers, a Star Dreadnought like the Mandator II-class could withstand an assault of up to 1,000 of these warships. As such, the vessel carried reactor equipment large enough to force the length of its hull up to its length of 8 kilometers.
Having cut its ties to the Techno Union prior to the Clone Wars, Kuat Drive Yards began building starships for Republic use only. Among its new designs was the Mandator II-class, an upgrade of the prewar Mandator-class Star Dreadnaught, which had formed part of the Kuat sector's defenses in peace-time. These heavy vessels formed part of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine's newly centralized Republic Navy during the Clone Wars, along with KDY's other heavily armed, wedge-shaped warship designs.
The class was far larger and more heavily armed than the Venator-class Star Destroyer and was produced in fewer numbers than this common Jedi cruiser. The various KDY warships were collectively praised for the Republic's victories during the war, while the Jedi Generals' leadership was downplayed. The Mandator II-class design was later surpassed by heavy warships made during the reign of the Galactic Empire.
Behind the scenesEdit
According to Ansel Hsiao on Stardestroyer.net forums around the time The Essential Guide to Warfare was released, both he and Jason Fry planned to make all the Mandator-series, in addition to the Bellator-class, humpbacked vessels similar to the one that appeared in Dark Empire, although nothing of the sort made it into the final cut by the time of its release. However, the intended humpbacked hulls of the Mandator-series was nonetheless implied in Jason Fry's endnotes for the book.
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 32
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Jason Fry's tumblr account - EG to Warfare Endnotes Pt. 7.
- Jason Fry's tumblr account - EG to Warfare Endnotes Pt. 11.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Jason Fry's tumblr account - EG to Warfare Endnotes Pt. 7.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Republic 71: Dreadnaughts of Rendili, Part 3, by the end of the story, all home fleets are made part of the centralized Navy.
- ↑ HoloNet News — A Galaxy Divided, science experts of the Core Worlds made note of the size required for a ship large enough to destroy entire task forces of capital ships, a minimum was a length of 8km.
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- ↑ Star Wars: Attack of the Clones Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ 7.0 7.1
- ↑ Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 32
- ↑ Slave Ship
- ↑ Starships of the Galaxy (Saga Edition)
- ↑ http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=124353&start=1600