The Mandator IV-class Siege Dreadnought, also known as the Mandator IV-class warship and the First Order Dreadnought, was a model of dreadnought used by the First Order during their conflict with the Resistance. It acted as an orbital gun platform, and had access to two orbital guns as well as 26 cannons on the dorsal side, which was comparatively flat. Overall, it was two-and-a-half times the length of the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer.
During the First Order–Resistance war, Captain Moden Canady commanded the Fulminatrix. It was deployed with a fleet to destroy the Resistance base, which it did. But as it was re-targeting the command ship Raddus, it was destroyed by an attack run by Cobalt Squadron's MG-100 StarFortress SF-17s.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Mandator IV-class warship was unveiled on August 23, 2017 on the Star Wars Show on YouTube, alongside the All Terrain MegaCaliber Six, showcasing several vehicles that have appeared in Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi.
According to Kevin Jenkins, the design supervisor for The Last Jedi, the ship was already indicated in the initial script, but its design did not occur until post-production. He also indicated that director Rian Johnson specifically requested for a bigger battleship known as a dreadnought for the film, and that it would act as a gun platform as well as a flat surface with lots of cannons on it. He also indicated that the design was taken from multiple real-world elements, namely World War II (especially the use of big guns among several things like the Yamato super-battleship and others) as well as the Korean War, and that the historical inspirations even went right up to the 1960s. He also indicated that, similar to other ships in the Sequel trilogy, the ship was based largely on designs from the original trilogy, at least insofar as it resembling an ILM model. They also ultimately decided on just using big guns instead of other elements like a Flash Gordon-based design as well as radar equipment.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (First appearance) (DLC)
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections (First identified as Mandator IV-class Siege Dreadnought; simultaneous with Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Mandator IV-class Siege Dreadnought; simultaneous with Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Heroes of the Galaxy