- "So far I speak Mando'a and basic…"
- ―Sabine Wren writes about the languages she knows in her journal
Mando'a was the language of the people native to the planet Mandalore. Its written form was known as Mandalorian. The Mandalorian artist and demolitions expert Sabine Wren was fluent in Mando'a as well as several other languages including Galactic Basic, Huttese, Aqualish, Rodese and some Shyriiwook.
- Akaanir — Fight
- Cubikahd (or cu'bikad) — A holographic strategy game
- Jai'galaar — Shriek-hawk
- Jai'galaara'la sur'haii'se — Shriek-hawk eyes
- Naak — Peace
- Naastar — Destroy
- Beskar'gam — Armor
- Mand'alor — Leader
- Narudar — Your enemy's enemy
- Kyr'tsad — Death Watch
- Elek — "Yes"
- Vor Entye — "Thank you"
- Su cuy'gar — "Hello"
Behind the scenesEdit
In "Legacy of Mandalore," Sabine Wren speaks in Mando'a. She says "Su'cuy aliit Wren. Ibic Sabine Wren. Ara'novor gedet'ye. Me'vaar ti gar?" This dialog is translated as "Hailing Clan Wren. This is Sabine Wren on approach. Please respond." The voice on the other end on the comm then answers: "Elek, Sabine Wren. Ke parer." This is translated as "Copy 'Sabine Wren'. Standby."
Though the official translation was provided with subtitles, the direct translation is closer to "Hello, clan Wren. This (is) Sabine wren. How are you?" The response is directly translated as "Yes, Sabine Wren. Wait."
Other Mando'a can be heard throughout the episode, the most notable being the phrase "sha'kajir," which was spoken by Tristan Wren. This translates roughly as "Cease Fire."
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance) (Written form only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Mandalore Plot" (Written form only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Corruption" (Written form only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Academy" (Written form only)
- Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook (First identified as Mando'a)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Visions and Voices" (Written form only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Legacy of Mandalore"
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles