Flutterplumes were feathered carrion-eaters native to the planet of Ord Mantell that also had a sizable population on Alderaan. The enormous scavenger bird was noted for its impressive hook-like beak and four sets of curled talons that it used to tear apart and consume rotting carcasses. Its beautiful feathers were also valued as good luck charms. An abundant supply of fresh battlefield kills attracted flocks of these carrion eaters and there were stories of wounded men unable to defend themselves being eaten by the hungry winged predators. Flutterplumes hunted in flocks of three or four, gliding on the thermal currents that blew across the Scraplands north of Worlport.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First pictured)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne
- Young Jedi Knights: Return to Ord Mantell (First appearance)