A creature from the forest world of Mantessa, the panthac was one of its most dangerous predators. The fierce pack animal was so deadly that several attempts to breed it offworld caused severe destruction to the native fauna of planets where it was raised.
It also spawned the phrase "A panthac doesn't change its stripes". It's unclear whether this striped version of a panthac was a different species, sub-species, the product of the Imperials' experiments or simply just a point being made in the phrase's context.
- A Mon Alone
- Star Wars: Rebellion (Mentioned only)
- The Last Command (First mentioned)
- "Retreat from Coruscant"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 7 (Mentioned only)
- The Last Command Sourcebook
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- Alien Anthology
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 70 (German Edition - LUT2, Luthos Garral)
- Ultimate Adversaries
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Galaxy of Intrigue