|Chronological and political information|
Mari Amithest was a four-year old female Human Jedi Initiate enrolled in the academy in the Jedi Temple at the beginning of the Clone Wars. A member of the Bear Clan, she was one of its brightest members.
When she was taken by a recruiter of the Jedi Order's Acquisition Division, Amithest was then sorted into the Bear Clan upon her arrival. As she entered the academy at the Temple, she received her early education from her clan leader, Grand Master Yoda. During one of the clan's daily lightsaber instructional courses on the Temple's veranda, Master Obi-Wan Kenobi approached Grand Master Yoda with a question. It appeared the Temple's Archives were incomplete and missing a system. One of Amithest's peers, J. K. Burtola, suggested that someone had erased the files, therefore explaining the Archives' seeming incompleteness.
Behind the scenesEdit
Originally, Mari Amithest was one of the Jedi children that was given a speaking part and was merely identified as "Jedi Child May" in the script. Her brief speaking role in the drafts took place after Jedi Master Yoda asked the Bear Clan to give reasons regarding the planet Kamino's absence on the archive maps. This was her reply to Obi-Wan Kenobi's question: "If the planet blew up, the gravity would go away." However, these lines were cut from the final version of the film.
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace (Non-canonical appearance)
- Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary (Picture only)
- The Art of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 30 (YOD10, Yoda) (as "May")
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 138 (BEA2, Bear Clan)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded (Picture only)