32 BBY (3:4 GrS), Naboo
|Chronological and political information|
Maris Magneta was a Human female who served as chief of the Naboo Security Force for King Ars Veruna of Naboo. After Veruna first abdicated in 33 BBY, then was assassinated, Magneta stepped down; the new regent, Padmé Amidala, replaced her with Captain Quarsh Panaka. Although she didn't know how Veruna was assassinated, she did eventually find out that a Muunilinst businessman named Hego Damask was involved in the assassination.
During the Invasion of Naboo, Maris was able to learn about Damask's involvement until she was brutally murdered by Darth Maul by simply breaking her neck. After killing her, Maul was shocked that his Master, Darth Sidious would apparently break the Rule of Two.
- Darth Plagueis (First identified as Maris)
- The Monster"—Star Wars Gamer 2 (First appearance) "
- Cloak of Deception (Mentioned only)
- End Game
- Star Wars Episode I: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 9 (PAN2, Captain Panaka)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Coruscant Limited (Card: Captain Panaka)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Reader's Companion