Mark Newbold is the co-owner and daily content manager of the UK's premier Star Wars website Jedi News, which he runs with site founder and co-owner James Burns. He has been a contributor to the Star Wars Insider since 2006, contributing to the My Star Wars, Red Five and Launch Pad sections as well as feature articles and interviews.
Star Wars Insider ContributionsEdit
His role as a freelance contributor to the Star Wars Insider began with Star Wars Insider 90 in September 2006, contributing an article on The 2006 Artoos Awards Ceremony. Since Star Wars Insider 130 he has been the main contributor to the My Star Wars section alongside James Burns and as of Star Wars Insider 138 took over the Launch Pad section of the magazine. He has had articles in the following issues:
- Star Wars Insider 119 dated July 2010, In Their Own Words: Making The Empire Strikes Back celebrating 30 years of The Empire Strikes Back with an Alan Harris interview and assorted interviews with Howie Weed, Kenny Baker, Kenneth Colley, Ian Liston, Christopher Malcolm, Donald F Glut, Dennis Muren and Phil Tippett.
- Star Wars Insider 130 dated January 2012, co-authored alongside James Burns My Star Wars with Catherine Taber and comments for the piece '2012 Coming to a Galaxy Near You'.
- Star Wars Insider 131 dated March 2012, My Star Wars with Stephen Stanton co-authored alongside James Burns and sole credit for Red Five with Nick Gillard.
- Star Wars Insider 132 dated April 2012, My Star Wars with Meredith Salenger, co-authored alongside James Burns.
- Star Wars Insider 133 dated June 2012, sole credits on Celebrating Kamino's Finest and Red Five with Danny Wagner. My Star Wars interview with Sam Witwer co-authored alongside James Burns.
- Star Wars Insider 135 dated August 2012, My Star Wars with Billy Dee Williams co-authored alongside James Burns and sole credit on Red Five with Robert Watts.
- Star Wars Insider 136 dated September 2012, My Star Wars with Jaime King co-authored alongside James Burns. Sole credit on Red Five with Randy Martinez and Attack of the Clones 10th anniversary article In Their Own Words: On the Set of Attack of the Clones featuring interviews with Daniel Logan, Jesse Jensen, Mike Quinn, Nalini Krishan, Rena Owen, Anthony Daniels, Nick Gillard, Veronica Segura, Bonnie Piesse and Temeura Morrison.
- Star Wars Insider 138 dated Jan 2013, Launch Pad, My Star Wars with Jeremy Bulloch co-authored alongside James Burns and The Art of Tsuneo Sanda article.
- Letter published in Star Wars Insider 127 dated September 2011, in Bantha Tracks featuring a photo of his wife Ruth with producer Robert Watts.
- Appeared in a photo alongside Jason Fry, Leland Chee, Mary Franklin and James Burns in Star Wars Insider 137.
Star Wars Insider Feature ArticlesEdit
- "The 2006 Artoos Awards Ceremony" Star Wars Insider 90
- "In Their Own Words: Making The Empire Strikes Back" Star Wars Insider 119
- "Jenny Cresswell Interview" Star Wars Insider 128
- "Celebrating Kamino's Finest" Star Wars Insider 133
- "In Their Own Words: On the Set of Attack of the Clones" Star Wars Insider 136
- "The Art of Tsuneo Sanda" Star Wars Insider 138
- First printed appearance was in the letters page of Return of the Jedi Weekly 11 on August 31 1983 where his fan fiction character Jan Lomona first appeared.
- Webmaster of www.lightsabre.co.uk between 2000 and 2009, taking over from co-owner Louis Turfrey In 2010 it was announced at Celebration V in Florida that Lightsabre would merge and form a new site with Jedi News, retaining the more popular Jedi News brand name.
- While running www.lightsabre.co.uk between 2006 and 2007 Mark was the co-host of Setnin Radio alongside Lightsabre co-owner Louis Turfrey.
- In 2008 Newbold had a featured article in the book Star Wars Super Collector's Wish Book: Identification & Values 4th Edition by Geoffrey T. Carlton.
- UK Correspondent for TeeKay-421 magazine in Belgium and has had articles in the following issues:
- TeeKay-421 54 dated December 2010 with an interview with Alan Harris.
- TeeKay-421 55 dated February 2011 with interviews with Cynthia Martin, Ron Frenz and Mary Jo Duffy.
- TeeKay-421 57 dated June July August 2011 with an interview with Warwick Davis.
- Third guest blogger on the Dark Horse Blog leading up to the release of #1 of the new Star Wars title by Brian Wood.
- Also a contributor to the Official Star Wars Blog.
- In April 2009 contributed to the Official Star Wars Site with a piece on the opening night of Star Wars In Concert.
- Regular guest in the Star Wars podcast world, having appeared on A Few Good Clones, the Curto Burns Collectors Cast, The ForceCast, Dark Empire Radio, The Sarlacc Pit, Cantina Cast, We Talk Clones, Star Wars Book Report, Coruscant Cast, Fanboys Guide to the Galaxy, The Star Wars Report, Galactic Holofeed, Boring Conversation Anyway and Star Wars In Character.
- Has reported from numerous conventions including Celebration VI, Celebration Europe, Fan Days IV, Farthest From, Empire Big Screen, Medicinema Star Wars Charity Dinner and Quiz, StarFest, SFB Ball, SFB Reunion, Starmania, ClaudiaCon, GammaCon, UK Games Expo, London Film and Comic Con, Collectormania and Memorabilia as well as the Xbox 360 Kinect Star Wars launch, Toys 'R' Us Summer Madness, LEGOLAND Windsor opening and Empire Day at Elstree. He has also reported from a number of film and television premieres including Star Trek: First Contact (1996), Star Trek Insurrection (1998), E.T 20th Anniversary Edition (2002), The Hulk (2003), The Clone Wars (2008), StarHyke (2008), Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008), Star Trek (2009), Phantom Menace 3D (2012) and the Clone Wars Season 5 premier (2012).