The Marksman-H training remote, often referred to as a remote, was a type of droid used to train its user how to properly deflect blaster bolts with a lightsaber. Quick and unpredictable, they had multiple power levels, including lethal and sting. They were also capable of being programmed for defensive purposes.
En route to the planet Alderaan, burgeoning Jedi Luke Skywalker practiced against a Marksman-H remote, using his father's lightsaber. Though initially unable to block the remote's fire, he learned to rely on the Force when his mentor, Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, challenged Skywalker by blocking his sight. Several decades later, rogue stormtrooper Finn happened upon a Marksman-H remote, stored in a brown bag, while looking for bandages to treat the injured Wookiee Chewbacca.
- ; image #3 (of 17)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Marksman-H training remote)
- The Art of Star Wars: Uprising (As "Remote")
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (As "Training remote")
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force (Picture only)