- "I'm tired of all this deception. I don't care if they know we're married."
- ―Anakin Skywalker to Padmé Amidala
Marriage was the formally recognized union of two beings as partners in a relationship. A marriage ceremony, which could be presided over by a clergy member, was referred to as a wedding. In the Jedi Order, attachment and possession were forbidden, because they could lead to jealousy. For that reason, Jedi were not allowed to marry. Despite that, the Jedi apprentice Anakin Skywalker still married Senator Padmé Amidala shortly after the Battle of Geonosis, during a secret ceremony held on Naboo and officiated by Agolerga.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Overlords" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Rise of Clovis"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
Notes and referencesEdit
- Marriage on Wikipedia