|Chronological and political information|
- "Why, that rotten Mars!"
- ―Teemto Pagalies
Mars Guo was a male Phuii who piloted podracers. He had a propensity for heavy drinking and pretty women, and his loud mouth frequently got him into trouble. He would often pick fights with the local riffraff of Mos Espa despite his diminutive stature, which constantly led to his own defeat.
Mars wasn't the best podracer pilot on the circuit, but he had made quite a name for himself in the minor rim leagues, and he felt confident that he could pull off a victory in the Boonta Eve Classic. Unfortunately, he made the mistake of imbibing one too many drinks at Boles Roor's glimmik concert the previous night, and the even worse mistake of hitting on one of Sebulba's Twi'lek masseuses, Ann Gella. The Veknoid Teemto Pagalies, who had long been infatuated with Ann, overheard this encounter.
Outraged, he reported the incident to Sebulba the next day, who responded by subtly sabotaging Guo's racer. During the second lap, Sebulba was vexed by the fact that Guo's Collor Pondrat Plug-2 Behemoth was still in the running, and to finish the matter he broke off a small bit of his Pod and tossed it behind him into one of Guo's colossal engines. The craft was shattered and Guo's Pod was sent flying.
Many believed this was the end of the swaggering Phuii pilot, but Mars managed to survive and limped back to his home planet of Phu, but unfortunately wasn't able to buy Ann Gella. However, while he was being attended in a medcenter, a bitter Sebulba persuaded race officials to put all of Guo's belongings to be auctioned - including his two slave Rodian mechanics, Pax and Trax Bonkik (although Pax was purchased by Teemto Pagalies prior to the auction). It was a long time before he showed up on the Podracing circuit again.
Behind the scenesEdit
Mars Guo was Jake Lloyd's second favorite Podracer in Star Wars: Episode I Racer. While the model of Guo shown here has orange eyes with slitted pupils, the CG Guo in the one of the deleted scenes has white eyes with round pupils. This might indicate Phuii could change eye color, as could Kushibans.
- Episode I Adventures 6: The Hunt for Anakin Skywalker
- Star Wars: Episode I Racer
- Podracing Tales
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Racer Revenge
- Star Wars Episode I Who's Who: A Pocket Guide to the Characters of The Phantom Menace
- Episode I: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 26 (POD2, Podracer Pilots)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Tatooine Limited (Card: Hit Racer)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Head-to-Head Tag Teams