- "One of history's tall tales? Maybe. But a generator capable of existing in hyperspace and realspace simultaneously would be bad news. Fortunately, nothing suggests the Empire has made any breakthroughs."
- ―Haxen Delto, in a report to Airen Cracken
The Mass Shadow Generator was a rumored superweapon in development by the Galactic Empire that could simultaneously exist in realspace and hyperspace. The generator was part of a report by Haxen Delto in Imperial weapons projects and incorporated into The Rebel Files.
Although a Rebel Alliance report conceded that the generator may be nothing more than a tall tale, it was depicted as consisting of four truncated square pyramids with two truncated square pyramids connected in opposite directions at their bases with a trench at the center, and two smaller stacked on top. At the ends of the smaller truncated square pyramids were two dishes.
Sometime between the years 5 BBY and 0 BBY, the head of the communications unit of Alliance Intelligence, Colonel Haxen Delto, submitted a report to Chief of Rebel Intelligence General Airen Cracken on the matter of Imperial superweapon projects. In the report was a segment that regarded the rumored Mass Shadow Generator, a superweapon that could allegedly exist simultaneously in realspace and hyperspace. Although the prospect of the generator worried Delto, it seemed to him that the Empire had not made any breakthroughs in development. Delto also mentioned the possibility that the Mass Shadow Generator was one of history's tall tales.
Delto's report would be incorporated in The Rebel Files, a central data repository containing a non-electronic copy of sensitive information which would be uncovered in the ruins of the Tak-Beam complex, a Rebel Alliance base on the Mid Rim world of Durkteel, in 34 ABY.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Mass Shadow Generator first appeared in the new canon in the boxed set and reference book Star Wars: The Rebel Files, which was released on November 21, 2017 and authored by Daniel Wallace. It had previously been featured in the Star Wars Legends video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, released in 2004. The physical appearance of the Mass Shadow Generator closely resembles that of the Galactic Empire's Gravity Well Station, which appeared in the 2006 Star Wars Legends video game Star Wars: Empire at War.
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rebel Files establishes that 14 AFE and 19 AFE in the Imperial calendar are respectively 14 and 19 years after the Proclamation of the New Order. Because Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the Proclamation in 19 BBY, it can be deduced that 14 AFE corresponds to 5 BBY and 19 AFE corresponds to 0 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rebel Files establishes that The Rebel Files were buried on the same day as the Battle of Endor, which takes place in 4 ABY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Since Star Wars: The Rebel Files also establishes that the files were rediscovered 30 years later, it can be deduced they were uncovered in 34 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- ↑ Star Wars: Empire at War